Bulk Image Downloader not working with "Find Related Content

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Bulk Image Downloader not working with "Find Related Content

Postby eggroller8 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:54 pm

With the advent of the "Find Related Content" feature on Imagefap.com, when I attempt to mass download all the pictures in a post, Bulk Image Downloader always selects the 5-10KB Face Icon instead of the Full-Sized Image. Using BID, I now download almost 50% of a page's pictures as 5-10KB Face Icons.
This is very disappointing.
Could the Imagefap.com administrators please look into making the full-sized picture the 'Primary' selection for each photo page?

Thank you.
eggroller8

Re: Bulk Image Downloader not working with "Find Related Content

Postby porchmonkey66 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:30 pm

eggroller8 wrote:With the advent of the "Find Related Content" feature on Imagefap.com, when I attempt to mass download all the pictures in a post, Bulk Image Downloader always selects the 5-10KB Face Icon instead of the Full-Sized Image. Using BID, I now download almost 50% of a page's pictures as 5-10KB Face Icons.
This is very disappointing.
Could the Imagefap.com administrators please look into making the full-sized picture the 'Primary' selection for each photo page?

Thank you.

Bump. Same here.
porchmonkey66

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Bulk Image Downloader. Damn, I thought I had that on my PC. I know I did at one time. Can't find it in my list of programs. If it is named something odd let me know.

BID probably won't work for now searching for related pictures. The file names for the search results are way different than the original file name given by the system.

So only two things can be done. Wait for a BID update, or you have to tweak BID to find these kinds of files. We obviously won't change our file structure now.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby eggroller8 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:19 am

Hello Site Admin,
Thank you for reading and responding to my post. I appreciate it.
We might have a misunderstanding of my issue.
I am not trying to use BID to search for and download "related content", all I am trying to do is what I always did successfully prior to the advent of the "related content" feature.
With each individual picture page now containing both the full-sized picture AND the thumbnailed picture assigned to "related content", Bulk Image Downloader (BID) now grabs the thumbnail instead of the full-sized picture every time.

I understand you (ImageFap) won't change your file structure but i am asking, "Is there some way for you to make the full-sized picture the Primary item on each picture page"?
eggroller8

Postby longhairfish on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Maybe its because the older galleries are showing more info than BID can handle?
At the end of this post I will show a picture. I did manage to find my BID program!
The gallery I just captured with BID was put on the site only minutes ago.
The options to download are as I remember them. Three choices available.
I picked the first option, 28 pictures. Downloaded them all. I got the full pictures with no th_ prefix.

http://x.imagefapusercontent.com/u/longhairfish/2971076/705373442/2016-08-06_090922.jpg

Show me a gallery you might be having trouble with and I will check it out
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby porchmonkey66 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:21 pm

longhairfish wrote:Maybe its because the older galleries are showing more info than BID can handle?
At the end of this post I will show a picture. I did manage to find my BID program!
The gallery I just captured with BID was put on the site only minutes ago.
The options to download are as I remember them. Three choices available.
I picked the first option, 28 pictures. Downloaded them all. I got the full pictures with no th_ prefix.

http://x.imagefapusercontent.com/u/longhairfish/2971076/705373442/2016-08-06_090922.jpg

Show me a gallery you might be having trouble with and I will check it out

This one, for example:

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/598738 ... rabelle%29
porchmonkey66

Postby eggroller8 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:03 am

Site Admin,
Thanks for continuing to investigate this issue.

Here is a gallery link from January 2016 which returned 25 Face Icons (@ 5KB file size) out of the 50 pictures in the gallery.

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/5923510/Whyte-Feet
eggroller8

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:42 am

porchmonkey66 wrote:This one, for example:

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/598738 ... rabelle%29

Originally when I went to this gallery all the thumbs were missing. My guess is this is an older gallery.

I went to view as ONE PAGE (as you should always do with BID) and refreshed the page no less than 4 times.
I was able to see all but 3 thumbs. Started up BID and saw options 103 103 206. I went with the first option and was able to download them all.

BTW the downloading also works with the add on called Bulk Image Downloader.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:50 am

[quote="eggroller8"
Here is a gallery link from January 2016 which returned 25 Face Icons (@ 5KB file size) out of the 50 pictures in the gallery.

http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/5923510/Whyte-Feet[/quote]

This gallery was like the last one I mentioned. Had to refresh the page a few times.

Was able to download the gallery ok. Try again. Maybe me refreshing the thumbs did the job.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby eggroller8 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Site Admin,
Thank you for the effort you put into trying to resolve this issue.

UPDATE: Bulk Image Downloader modified their program (Version 4.99.0.0, July 19 2016) to correct the Icon grabbing Issue we have been discussing.

Thanks again.
eggroller8

Return to Help & Support