Performance lost

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Performance lost

Postby ultrafetish on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:07 pm

I may be wrong, however after the redesign the general performance has been lost somewhere and still couldn't be found again.
Problems with loading of images had been noticed before, esp. with older images from 2007 and earlier.
The Upload tool works worse than ever (sometimes it takes 10 to 15 min. to open the window, the progress bar and indicators are missing or running endlessly) - it's no fun to upload images anymore.
Even worse:
Sending comments or joing the fanbase at other users doesn't show prompt results any more; my first reaction was: what did I do wrong?! Now I know better: the IF designers couldn't find all the bugs until now.
The same with galleries just uploaded: they don't exist, or half of the images are missing. In the meantime I know better: (see above)
And: please place this annoying RTA label somewhere else, it disturbs watching images (larger than 600 px) immensely.
I'm sure you will manage these problems, new releases always need some fixes until they work as designed.
Thanks a lot in advance
ultrafetish
ultrafetish

Re: Performance lost

Postby rougefemale on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:54 am

upload works fine for me and took less than 20 seconds to upload 24 images. they displayed promptly. you sure it just wasnt at a time when traffic was high on ImageFap?

i cant say anything about the rest, i havent added myself as a fan since the "remod" or anything else. except i really havent been having a problem. i didnt even have the "duplicating comments" that others had.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Re: Performance lost

Postby ultrafetish on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Some of the problems mentioned above have been solved:
Comments are shown immediately, same with the fanbase. Thanks.
The RTA links moved to the bottom and don't spoil the fun anymore. Thanks.
My latest uploads worked much better than during the last couple of days, with the qualification that it takes some minutes till every image can be seen.
Still irritating: the amount of no-shows among thumbnails and images (not necessarily limited to older galleries).
@ Admins: Good work, thanks.
ultrafetish

Return to Help & Support