Multiple thumbnails of same image in a gallery

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

Multiple thumbnails of same image in a gallery

Postby odesseus on Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:53 am

I have noted the new "random order" of thumbnail images, which occurs when gallery index pages are displayed.
It seems the same thumbs show up on more than one page if the uploaded image count is larger than a single index page.
If the same thumbs show up on separate pages, then that means some images, which were originally posted, might NOT be showing up for visiting viewers to see.

Each time I open an index page, whether going forward or backward, a different thumb is in the "number one" spot at the top.
If I want to see "details" of the files, such as comments on individual images, how do I know I'm not missing someone's comments?
Are they rotating their positions all the time? Is this supposed to happen? How can it be avoided?

Is there a way to get return to the original order in which the images were posted?
Thanks for any help you can give me regarding this phenomenon.
odesseus

Re: Multiple thumbnails of same image in a gallery

Postby odesseus on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:03 am

I guess I'm the only one encountering this problem...
Oh well.
:roll:
odesseus

Postby ultrafetish on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am

No need for forlornness - you're not left alone, I observed this funky phenomenon as well.
At the moment I have no idea about the how, why, when or where.
You may be right with your conclusion that specific images' IDs have been overwritten by others and don't show any more.
Samples (gallery ID) would be helpful to narrow down the problem.
ultrafetish

Postby odesseus on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 am

This mix-up of thumbnails on multiple index pages and double displaying of the same, only occurs if "Detail View" or "Simple View" displays are used.
When "One Page" display is chosen, this duplication of thumbnails doesn't seem to occur, perhaps because all the thumbnails are shown at the same time rather than page by page.
Unfortunately, that also precludes seeing the statistics of times an image is viewed or any comments which viewers may have made regarding that image.
Not being a computer programming expert, I just don't understand why this is happening.

The mini-thumbnails shown on my profile page are also being affected, with a phantom image now appearing in my most recently uploaded gallery.
The first mini-thumb displayed in that gallery, Sylvia (Tricy) -Green One Piece, which was uploaded day before yesterday, is now an image of some unknown girl seated on a couch or chair, wearing a multi-colored striped shirt, and covering her crotch with both her hands.
There was NO such image like it in the pictures which I uploaded, and I cannot imagine how or why this girl (not Sylvia) is visible in the gallery's mini-thumb.
Strangely enough, when I go to the actual gallery index page with the larger thumbs, there is no matching image of this unknown girl in the striped shirt.

This has happened to only one gallery so far, but it is disquieting that it is happening at all.
That means the mini-thumbnails used in gallery lists don't necessarily match the photos which are contained in the gallery.
Not good.
odesseus

Return to Help & Support