AD PROBLEMS? read this first

Help with all things ImageFap, site/account difficulties, questions for staff, browser issues etc.

Moderator: admin

AD PROBLEMS? read this first

Postby rougefemale on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 am

there are several threads concerning ads here in the forum.... some are very long. and it takes a bit of time to go through them and find your answers.

its simple really... the best solution to minimize ads, down to near 0 or at 0.... use firefox with certain add ons. there is no better solution than that.

so what did i do? i started an add on collection. rougefemale's security basics. there are 16 add ons listed in this collection. all are very useful, i use them all. if you would like to try it out, go here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ugefemale1

if you want further explanation as to why you should use this collection, read through this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2924 cookies, tracking websites, LSO super flash cookies, etc... are all described and explained there.

you want to stop all that, get FIREFOX and use my collection.

do you like SeaMonkey? try these 7 add ons: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... efemalesm1
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Re: AD PROBLEMS?

Postby Silversleeves on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:07 pm

What a quick and simple way to get the guys working on SeaMonkey 2, Flock, etc., and the folks who write and maintain these add-ons to "meet in the middle!" Just show 'em your fantastic collection.

:) :)

In the meantime, just about all the ones I don't have already installed in Firefox are going there. One at a time so I can get a feel for each of them.

TYVM.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Re: AD PROBLEMS?

Postby rougefemale on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:01 am

i just noticed blocklist hasnt been updated and will not install in firefox 3.6 ... im going to remove it from my list until they do an updated version.

and i wish i would of had this add on when dickhead was running around: RequestPolicy
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

rougefemale

Re: AD PROBLEMS? read this first

Postby HellHere on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 am

I never saw Ghostery before and like the sound of it so I'm trying it out now. Thanks Rouge. :D
HellHere

Postby rougefemale on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 am

it does quite a few things :) including blocking certain kinds of malware... and even if you get tagged with an LSO tracking cookie, if it comes from a website on the list, it stops it from tracking you too :P nifty... and the the only thing you leave behind on a website is you IP and you computer information... hard to get around those. you get little alert bubbles too, telling you what tracking websites are on a webpage.

rougefemale

Postby Silversleeves on Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 pm

I see Justin Samuel's done RequestPolicy for SM 2.0. I'm going to try it. I'm also going to try to modify it (edit the install.rdf first then a whole script tweak if that doesn't work) for my SM 1.1.8. Unless someone with the chops would like to do the latter for me. :)

BZT
EDIT&UPDATE: SM 1.1.18 wouldn't pass RequestPolicy, even with a mocked-up install script. Must need resources that, at one time, were more in the FF 1.x/Netscape 6.x mould. But it's spiffy with SM 2.0.
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby rougefemale on Fri May 21, 2010 5:09 am

:::3 previous posts have been deleted:::

your an idiot because its so simple to stop it all. thats having firefox with a couple of add ons. but you refuse to do that. instead you want to complain.

and you are an idiot if you think its only one website that you will need it for. the problem is, you are annoyed by ads from imagefap, which is pretty up front and obvious... what other websites do is behind the scenes and "invisible" to you. facebook alone plants a minimum of 3 tracking cookies on your computer. im not even going to go into detail about google-analytics and other tracking websites and LSO cookies. ive done that before in another thread. this thread is for one thing and one thing only. thats to give people a list of add ons for firefox if they want them. from this point on, redirect any comments on ads, any bitching you feel like doing, to another thread. only comments about the add ons wont be deleted.

rougefemale

Postby HornyChamp on Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

ok RF...have it your way. don't have the energy to argue with a mod right now. all i know is that other people have complained about this problem and you said it was a virus from another website, not ImageFAP. the link you provided to fix this problem has your screen name attached to it, so all i can assume is that you are getting some sort of pay off from people clicking the link to fix this problem that you claim comes from viruses on peoples' personal computers. have it your way have it your way have it your way. i'll come back to ImageFAP in a couple weeks, hopefully this whole mess and cover up will be behind everyone. don't care if you delete this post. don't care if you insult me more. don't care don't care don't care. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HornyChamp

Postby rougefemale on Fri May 21, 2010 7:15 am

the virus problem is coming from an ad... its piggybacking. using a couple of those add ons will stop you from becoming infected but wont do anything if you already are. i did not provide my collection link to fix the problem only to prevent the problem until its fixed by the ad website.

and i am getting nothing. having a collection of add ons that others can use is a free service from firefox. anyone can make a collection. one of the MANY things that make firefox the best browser out there. you would know this is you used firefox.

rougefemale

Postby peanut89 on Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I posted in another thread yesterday that seems to have been deleted. In that thread it contained the IP addresses of the problem sites. I blocked it through my firewall so I still have that information on my computer. Would you like me to post it here again?

Also, I asked a question on that thread but never got an answer before it disappeared. If I share the link to one of my galleries with someone I'm assuming that they are at risk from this AV7. If I were to send them the link for the full view screen for single pictures though would they be safe? I dont want to hand links out if its going to put other people at risk.
peanut89

Next

Return to Help & Support