Reordering Uploaded Images

Moderator: admin

Reordering Uploaded Images

Postby Crimson Gurl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 am

For some time now I've been unable to reorder my uploaded images. Any idea of the problem?
Crimson Gurl

Re: Reordering Uploaded Images

Postby rougefemale on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 am

next time please search for an answer in help and support before you post a thread, especially outside help and support.

and the answer you are looking for is, it doesnt work. it hasnt worked properly since it was changed from the old way. it is being looked at and will hopefully work soon.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby longhairfish on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 am

I think the site might be a bit 'iffy' recently. I just played around with different web browsers. Clearing preferences and cache etc. Sometimes ordering made sense. Other times not. Right off the bat Google Chrome browser had no problems. Firefox took some work to get things in order. Internet Explorer - forget it.

After logging in and out a bazillion times and doing all the above I found one thing that seemed to work better for me. This might work out ok for others. Or maybe this really doesn't matter. Things worked better if I did not move the first picture. In other words move something else into the first picture slot. Don't drag picture #1 somewhere else. You should still be able to get things in order doing it this way. Worked for me.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Silversleeves on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Ever curious to see in what order you uploaded your images? Click on the "here" link at the end of "Or generate html/bbcode here" towards the bottom of a page of thumbs.

That's how it should be. That's how it was.

As I've never been above quoting myself, I'll do so yet again.

26 February 2010, 8:53 PM EST:
Or was there some momentum built up after the techs figured out they didn't have to "keep it simple" anymore?

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby rougefemale on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 am

fishy, google chrome worked? and it saved the positions? i can get firefox to move them but never to save the positions.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

rougefemale

Postby rougefemale on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 am

oh my god... google chrome fucking works!!!!

WAY TO GO FISHY :)

i just uploaded more pics to a gallery and they ended up all messed up.... i then reordered them using chrome.... refreshed the gallery page and viola :) check it out... look at the page views on the photos : http://imagefap.com/gallery.php?gid=1736457

rougefemale

Postby longhairfish on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 am

Yay Chrome!

So, I just got the Firefox update. Figure what the hell, lets see if I can re-order the picts. OK. I only tried it once - it worked!

Of course it might not tomorrow. LOL! Who knows?

20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby _lisub on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am

Wonders what i am doing wrong have tried both Firefox and Chrome but both change the positions but wont hold them, have tried different galleries but nothing must be me, or my system. Forgot to say it holds them when i go into the galleries but when i check the main page of my profile they're not held ohh well........... :roll:

_lisub
_lisub

Postby rougefemale on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:41 pm

yeah... i dont know what that is. even when you delete a photo that is one of the thumbs on your profile, it stays.

rougefemale

Postby Lurking4pron69 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:40 am

My one gallery is acting up. When it had fifty pictures I could order it any way I wanted. As soon as I went over fifty it just put them in random order regardless of what i did. Does the number of pictures has something to do with it?
Lurking4pron69

Next

Return to Archived Site Stuff