Reordering Uploaded Images

Moderator: admin

Re: Reordering Uploaded Images

Postby rougefemale on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:45 am

not really, it seems to be hit and miss with firefox... IE doesnt do anything. google chrome is the only one that seems to work with any consistency.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby Lurking4pron69 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Okay. I'm using Sarari so I guess we can assume it's also hit and miss. I deleted the gallery and re-uped it with a lil under fifty. Works fine now.
Lurking4pron69

Postby rougefemale on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 am

safari is for MAC right? i dont have a MAC so i dont know... you can try it out and let me know.
ImageIMAGEFAP GALLERY CONTEST number 4Image - click here to find out more - spread the word

http://www.rougefemale.com
rougefemale

Postby Lurking4pron69 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 am

Yeah. In my case using safari on mac it seems fifty or more is what screws it up. I'll just keep my galleries at forty-nine or less. ^_^
Lurking4pron69

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:16 am

rougefemale wrote:safari is for Mac right? i dont have a Mac so i dont know... you can try it out and let me know.

Funny, never could get my router (which has a MAC - Media Access Controller) to run Safari. :)
Safari is for both Mac OS X and Windows now -- it's the means by which you can install Apple's zeroconfig networking, Bonjour, on your Windows machine. It also happens to be the #1 reason M$ stopped development of IE on the Mac OS X side of things.
Safari isn't worth the trouble to install in Windows, and I really wish Apple would "divorce" Bonjour from it, but you can't always get what you want.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:53 am

rougefemale wrote:not really, it seems to be hit and miss with firefox... IE doesnt do anything. google chrome is the only one that seems to work with any consistency.

Opera 10.10 for Windows works as well. I just added five items to my restored (now with 313 pics) Nude At Computers gallery, and was able to put the newest ones at the end; as they're numbered nearly sequentially, this is somewhat important.

And Opera has excellent JavaScript, popup and (with an analogous add-on -- see the Ad Problems? thread) ad blocking. It may turn out the equal to Firefox when it comes to doing thngs, plain and fancy, on the Fap.

Incidentally, I'm posting this from Opera. :)

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:58 am

Silversleeves wrote:
rougefemale wrote:not really, it seems to be hit and miss with firefox... IE doesnt do anything. google chrome is the only one that seems to work with any consistency.

Opera 10.10 for Windows works as well. I just added five items to my restored (now with 313 pics) Nude At Computers gallery, and was able to put the newest ones at the end; as they're numbered nearly sequentially, this is somewhat important.

And Opera has excellent JavaScript, popup and (with an analogous add-on -- see the Ad Problems? thread) ad blocking. It may turn out the equal to Firefox when it comes to doing thngs, plain and fancy, on the Fap.

Incidentally, I'm posting this from Opera. :)

BZT

Does a gallery have to have a complete page of thumbs (24) before this works?

I just tried reordering a new-ish gallery of mine (at time of writing only 13 pics in it), and it would not reorder in either SeaMonkey or Firefox (no surprises there -- they're both Gecko/XUL and those are known to be bad for this) nor Google Chrome or Opera (which by rougefemale's and my own lights are supposed to work more consistently).

Seems we're "up against the software" on this one, and by this I don't mean browsers. :)

By the tone and timbre of my last posts to this thread, I may have given the impression that I was slowly coming round to appreciating this feature of the gallery software. That was never my intention; I'd still prefer to see it gone with the dodo and have things back to the common-sense order-after-uploads the software creators intended. But if we must have it, perhaps all its inherent flaws should be brought to the attention of the techs -- like this one.

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby longhairfish on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:56 am

Pale Moon web browser works for changing the order of pictures. This is like Firefox (which you can read all about) but stripped down a bit with junk taken out that most people do not need. Anyway, I installed it. It does not come with a self installer. Just a .zip file. Extract and then run the palemoon.exe file. Easy stuff. Moved some picts around in different galleries. All good.

http://www.palemoon.org/

And if you don't like it, just delete the folder you extracted the files to. Neat.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:07 pm

longhairfish wrote:Pale Moon web browser works for changing the order of pictures. This is like Firefox (which you can read all about) but stripped down a bit with junk taken out that most people do not need. Anyway, I installed it. It does not come with a self installer. Just a .zip file. Extract and then run the palemoon.exe file. Easy stuff. Moved some picts around in different galleries. All good.

http://www.palemoon.org/

And if you don't like it, just delete the folder you extracted the files to. Neat.

I just tried it -- no go.

I think we'll have to stop thinking of it as a browser issue and start thinking of it, as I put in this post, as more something on the ImageFap side that's failing. Your reordering can "catch" one minute, and five to ten minutes later, in the same browser with the same settings but in a different gallery, not catch. Wait an hour, or log out, surf somewhere else and log back in, on your first or second try you can, in the same browser where last it didn't catch, get it to catch again. That says "server-side" to me. How about you, mods?

BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Silversleeves on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:48 am

Silversleeves wrote:That says "server-side" to me. How about you, mods?

Okay, it's been several hours since I last tried to re-arrange pictures in any gallery. I just spent the last 20 minutes or so attempting to re-arrange pictures in the same gallery in four browsers: two versions of SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera 10.10 and Google Chrome. The only change in settings or status I made was to delete ImageFap cookies (including upload.imagefap.com cookies) in each one before making the attempt. If it was a browser issue, unless there's something I'm skipping in these threads w/re cookie deletion, then at the very first attempt, the changes would have "caught." After the fourth browser, there is still no difference in the order of thumbs in that gallery. Until I hear more about the cookie issue, I'm satisfied this proves it's server-side.

BZT
Silversleeves

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Site Stuff