Only the copyright holder* or an authorized agent can file a DMCA notice
1) the original photographer
2) a company which contracts the material via "work-for-hire"
(these complaints must always be sent to email@example.com. Do not use our online report form)
We always comply promptly with legally compliant DMCA removal requests for member uploaded files, in order to make it easier for you we provide all the info required, & a check list, below.
To help avoid any further delay you should use the check list to make sure you lodge a fully compliant notice first time, non compliant notices may be ignored.
1. Identify yourself as either:
a: The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or
b: A person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
2. State your contact information, including your real name, street address, telephone number, and email address.
3. Identify the particular ORIGINAL SOURCE website URL/s of the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, (that's your links, not ours), or if a large number of works are appearing at a single website, a representative list of the works.
4. Identify by it's URL(s) the material on our site that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work, to which you are requesting that ImageFap disable access over the World Wide Web.Your complaint must contain the specific URL of the image(s) you believe infringes your rights, or we will be unable to locate and remove it.
It should always begin with http://www.imagefap.com/photo/ or http://www.imagefap.com/pictures/
5. State that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
6. State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury.
7. Please also note that under applicable law, 17 U.S.C. 512 (f), any person who knowingly, materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
8. If you have multiple links put them in a list in one email, sending multiple notices in a short period of time may result in them being blocked by the system as spam/abuse.
9. Email the notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that according to the DMCA, any person who knowingly, materially misrepresents that material or activity is committing infringement infringing and may be subject to liability.Don’t include any attachments to the email—they won’t be opened.
Please also refrain from asking us to click on a link outside of imagefap.
Name: Copyright Agent
Address: 6750 N. Andrews Ave., Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Fax: (800) 371-0235
2013-03-04 (last edit Tue July 21, 2015 13:12 pm)