Some site issues today - Updated January 12

Moderator: admin

Some site issues today - Updated January 12

Postby longhairfish on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:39 pm

HI everyone!

And Happy New Year! :D

Some issues with the site today. But not for everyone.

First - Sending messages. This probably is not working for everyone. Even though it seems you did send a message successfully, it probably didn't go. So check your "sent" messages to confirm if the message did go through. In the mean time we will be checking what went wrong. I never saw this happen, so I have no history to look at.

Second, deleting your own galleries or pictures. This is hit + miss at best. If you have something you urgently need deleted send Admin a message with the full link or gallery title.

And possibly this. Reorganizing pictures in a gallery. This we have gone through many times and usually it is not a site issue. To be sure, disable any ad blocking scripts, add-on or extensions that block advertising. Also note that large galleries (over 100) will take some time. The site needs to re-index your gallery. So this can take up to 20 minutes before you see the gallery as you like it.

--------

Update: Not all issues resolved. The main problem seems to be found, but not resolved yet.

The site may be slow for a while, but not coming to a dead stop like it did yesterday. Stay tuned :?
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today

Postby benlucas on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:44 pm

Hit and miss seems to apply to making comments on other peoples, and my own pics. I haven't been able to insert a description on folders I have loaded for sometime, and now I rarely am able to comment or reply to n other peoples photo's
Happy New Year btw
benlucas

Re: Some site issues today

Postby longhairfish on Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:02 pm

One other thing. Rating of pictures using the stars system. This seems to be broken for only some users.

Topic locked. When I have more news I will let you know :)
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 3

Postby longhairfish on Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:20 pm

Earlier today the problem was identified. Things were running smoothly all day. Then things turned South.

Again on Wednesday some more changes will be made.

For the moment the site may be slow, but it shouldn't come to a dead stop like it did on Monday.

Errors will happen. Uploading, messaging or even the site will say your account is closed. Your account is not closed. Be patient.

I will keep you updated on the progress.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 5

Postby longhairfish on Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:37 pm

--------------

A little bit of an update. We have pretty much found out what the problem is. But there will still be some slow times during the evening hours. That is usually when the USA gets home from work, and the EURO people are about to go to bed. Those are our two biggest continents as for users on the site. The fap time (LOL!) for around 8 hours is quite heavy for the site. Then when everyone has settled down for the night the site eases up and gets faster.

So you know, the site as for user count grows mad crazy every day. 350 - 500 new registered users each day. And most of them are not spam or bots. Not bad for a site who never advertises itself. We never did. And don't need to. Well, for one small exception. I did make a Twitter account a while back. Used it for a little while. Then the account got banned or disabled. It seems that Twitter doesn't like you to show one boobie on your profile avatar. Whatever.

As I write this, we are testing the 'backend' of the site to clean up some stuff and make other improvements. This work is all behind the scene and you won't notice much difference. I will add that a few broken things 'should' be fixed. Like the amount of image views and images uploaded which show on your profile page. Those two stats have been a pain in our ass for a few years. Sometimes the stats would work. Then for unknown reasons the stats would stop adding up. Testing will be done as the days go by and I am looking for anything broken, slow or whatever else would be annoying to the end user.

Other big changes. To do all of this will require some down time. Maybe a few hours +/- a few. The IT and web design guys will use this time to do their magic. I will have an announcement a few days ahead of time to let you know the exact date and time.

So that's all for now. Don't get too excited if things are still a bit slow at night. We know. And working on it.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 5

Postby Debra_Too on Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:36 am

Thank You so much for all your hard work. Everyone will not be able to thank you, but we all appreciate your efforts to make things better.
Debra_Too

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 9

Postby longhairfish on Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:36 am

This morning we will be making some subtle changes. More noticeably should be the viewing of profile pages. As many of you will know, the stats didn't always add up, if at all. Those stats were images viewed and images uploaded. Also an annoyance which we hope is fixed is the faster loading of profile pages where the user was very popular or has a 'bazillion' pictures or galleries on his or her account. Also somewhat related is member searches. We have a handful of user who have a space in their user name. Those accounts were some of the first on the site. Searching and clicking on those users would give a malformed result when you clicked on their avatar.

That's it for now. We still have to apply a major update soon. And again that will require some down time of the site. I will let you know here in this topic when that will happen.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 9

Postby longhairfish on Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:58 pm

For January 10 - There will be an update to the page where you see your and other users profile pages.

This will happen at 5 AM New York City time / 11 AM for France and so on.

There shouldn't be much down time if any. After the update is done we will be doing some final tests to make sure everything is right.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 11

Postby longhairfish on Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am

Some issues. Gallery links might not be right or incomplete. We are working on the bugs :shock:
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Some site issues today - Updated January 11

Postby longhairfish on Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:30 pm

Updated Jaunary 12

Totally unrelated to any changes we made yesterday, now something else has cropped up. Feels like some kind of network congestion. We are on it.

Also, comments which have been left on your pictures are missing. I don't think they are deleted. We just have to fix something.

Comments on profiles. I don't know yet. This seems to be ok.

UPDATE : The comments for your pictures will come back. Not right away, but they will.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcement