Slow site etc - Updated December 7

Moderator: admin

Slow site etc - Updated December 7

Postby longhairfish on Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:18 am

Hi guys,

So as you might have noticed we are having some site issues.

- You keep getting logged out

- Your account says closed when neither a site admin or you closed your account

- Reordering of pictures in a gallery is impossible

- Site is very slow

- And so on.

This will be looked at Monday morning, the 5th. So for now hang in there. We will get it.

UPDATE: December 7

Some rough days as some of you might have noticed. On top of that I was 'sick as a dog' for 36 hours. :roll:

What has been fixed so far:

1. Site speed for many users has been improved. Especially in or around France and East coast USA. For USA there is an issue which we simply can't get around. There is a major cable which goes under the Atlantic ocean to Europe. Specifically the Netherlands. This switch (or router) has had major issues for years and still exists today. Major ISP's like Verizon, AT&T and to a lesser degree Comcast use this under sea cable. When, or if ever. this will be fixed is not known. If your connection to our site is unbearable then you can use a VPN or proxy to get to the site. Yeah, I know. It will be slow. But that is about the only option for now. It sucks.

2. Missing "this and that". Missing icons mostly has been fixed. That would be for galleries and thumb nails. Also user icons when you search for all members should be back to normal. All avatars should be showing.

3. Sending messages OR reporting abuse. This was a tough one. Since the beginning of the site, if you wanted to report an abusive image you needed to state a reason and then type in a code. Code might have been CUM1 , FAP2 and so on. This type of code was created on day one and has always worked fine. 16 years later for no reason the code refused to work. So now we have replaced our "in house code" with the popular "I am not a robot" option. As you might know the robot option is all run by Google. For the most part this runs flawless as it does on most web sites. So lets see how this goes. I am not anticipating any issues with this new verification process.

4 New accounts. Still an issue. When you create a new account and you are asked to click a link, what shows up is a blank white page. This has never happened since the site was started. So we have to dig around and find out what went wrong. What you can do is, don't wait around for the confirmation page to work. Instead just try to log in. We are manually activating accounts that don't appear to be spam.

5 Re organizing gallery pictures. This has been noted a few times in the forum, but I will mention it again. If you want to move your gallery pictures around and then finish the process by clicking "I am done re organizing", the results of your gallery will not be instant. You need to wait a few minutes or longer for the site to re-index your gallery with the changes you just made. If your gallery is huge then it will take even longer. I did have one guy with 500 pictures in a gallery. He claimed it was impossible to move pictures. This I will have to confirm. I do know one thing. If you have some type of ad blocking script, add-on or extension installed in your browser the moving of pictures within the gallery might be impossible. You can fix that by either disabling your ad blocker, or just open the site in an new private / incognito mode.

6. Favorites / Avatars. As I partially mentioned earlier these avatars are showing the default "hand" avatar. This should have never got messed up. So we are working on it.

7 Mobile or Tablet users: Ongoing issues

https://beta.imagefap.com

If you don't like using the site that way, then you can vist the site in PC mode.

To do so, on most phones, go to the top right of the browser. 3 dots. Then look for the option "View As Destop Mode" or something similar.

We hope to have this fixed today. Then you can view the site as you always have.

So that's it for now. We are in better shape than a week ago. Any more news that comes I will post it here. Thanks for hanging in there :)
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Announcement