Clubs being over hauled

Moderator: admin

Clubs being over hauled

Postby longhairfish on Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Its time to clean up the clubs on the site. A few years ago I did this, but one thing led to another and the job got put on the back burner.

As you might have noticed, if you search for a club you are interested in, the results aren't that great.

The problems are many. And I am going to fix these clubs if it's the last thing I do!

The biggest fix will be deleting clubs. Don't worry, it probably will have nothing to do with you or the clubs you have joined.

15 years of club creations is what we have. But many of those clubs have been neglected over the years.
Such as the club manager not being on the site any longer. This is the biggest issue. A non managed club just makes things look messy. This will be fixed.
Then we have tons of clubs with zero galleries in them.
And finally there are clubs which haven't had new galleries added for over 10 years!

So here is how I am cleaning up the clubs.

1. If the original club manager is gone for over 5 years, I will assign the club to "Temporary Manager". More on that in a bit.
2. If the club has zero galleries in it, and added over 1 year ago, then the club will be closed.
3. If no galleries have been added to the club in the last 2 years, the club will be considered abandoned and closed.
4. If the club looks to be a total disaster (bad color design, horrible spelling and so on) the club will be closed.
5. If the club seems to be a collection of questionable galleries (under 18) the club will be closed.
6. If the club has less than 3 members and doesn't seem to be very active (years of no action), the club will be closed.
7. If the club has nothing to do with imagefap, it will be closed.
8. If the club manager has closed his account and the club has no real meaning, the club will be closed.
9. If the club was used just to promote other sites, it will be closed no matter how old or new it is.
10. If a club belongs to you and you are the only one who has added galleries to it, then it will probably be deleted. The galleries are already on your profile page. Pointless club.
11. If a club make no sense. I just saw one that said "Matures and Teens with saggy tits". WTF? LOL! These types of clubs will be deleted.
12. If the club manager is gone and I see no hope for the galleries he owns, then it is verly likely all of his clubs will be removed.

Temporary Manager. All clubs with inactive managers or managers who closed their account will be assigned to this profile.

https://www.imagefap.com/profile/TemporaryManager

The role of the temporary manager will be to hold and maintain all abandoned clubs for a undetermined amount of time. And to clean up any imperfections the club "probably" has.
Some of the biggest clubs have already been cleaned up. As you know, clubs have certain rules. The temporary manager will check the rules and see what is missing.
He will also clean up unwanted galleries and club members who have clearly not beng going by the set club rules.

Any club that required you to sign up and is now in the hands of the Temporary Manager will be opened up so anyone can join.

We do have quite a few large clubs. Galleries in the "hundreds of thousands" and members in the 10's of thousands.

The most popular groups are being transferred to new club managers. But we have a long way to go if we really want to have a manager for all clubs.
Honestly I don't think this will ever happen. There are way too many clubs to dig up enough managers. But we will try.

If you are interested in managing an established club, just take a look at the profile link above. There you will see all the clubs
the temporary manager is holding. If something stirs your interest, send the temporary manager a message.

But before doing so! Just don't apply for the job then do nothing about it. We have enough managers who don't watch their clubs as they should.
You should know something about clubs. And be dedicated to managing the club while keeping it orderly.

Honestly, I think the clubs is probably the most interesting portion of the site. Just knowing the definition of "club" would tell you that
this is for groups of people with the same interests. Clubs keep you from having to search the site for something specific.

Of course there are the ones (me included) who just like to casually browse all new galleries. And that is fine. Whatever floats your boat!

So if you never checked out any clubs, take the time and browse for something that you might be interested in.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Announcement