Uploading and other issues

Moderator: admin

Re: Uploading and other issues

Postby lowfaytong on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:18 am

I was able to update yesterday with no problems but today a lot of images are failing? The problem does not seem to be file size related.

Its almost like the upload scrip its timing out, not helpful I no lol
lowfaytong

Postby Butterflycollector on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Still unable to load even a single gif, after the error comes i'm unable to even leave the upload page, I have to close goodle and log back on to the site, however it isn't signing me out like it is with some other folks.
I have been able to upload a few pics 2 at a time. Sure hope we get a fix soon.
Butterflycollector

Postby bbwballs on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:35 pm

Getting logged out after every upload. Also, at times a duplicate blank gallery is created. Sometimes all images upload and at other times partial images upload. I have to log back in to upload the rest of the images.
bbwballs

Postby longhairfish on Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Baby steps on this one. Yes you will get logged out. The good news is almost all of the uploads 'should' go through.

There is no definitive fix as of yet. Still working on it.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby RayDeeps on Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm managing to upload fine - it then logs me out....except it doesn't. Wierd, it tells you to sign in but if you go to your profile you see you are still signed in. Doesn't matter, just odd. Very slow as well. I've been cheeky and got around that by having 2 uploads on the go at the same time.
RayDeeps

Postby longhairfish on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:09 pm

Not much of an update. But yes, the being logged out part is a bit of an issue. The problem still is that we don't have any hard evidence in the logs of when / why users are logged out while uploading. So until Monday this is how it will be. Some of you can try the 'remember me' option at log in. But I don't think that will be much help.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby InsertHere99 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 pm

Just FYI to longhairfish. The upload process still gives a "file too big" message for any gif even slightly over 10 mb (say, 10.1) and does not allow it to be unloaded. I'm not actually complaining (much) because I've gotten used to making sure any gif is less than 10, but thought you might want to know that whatever you did on April 21 to increase limit to 12 mb isn't working.
InsertHere99

Postby Butterflycollector on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:35 pm

Hey guys, unfortunately the problem with uploads has returned for me it seems. Yesterday I thought the problem was fixed as I was able to upload a couple of gifs and pictures a few at a time. Today however gifs are a no go. Anyone else had a return of the upload problems ?
Butterflycollector

Postby RayDeeps on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:18 pm

not today - with photos. I rarely upload gifs. Still a bit slow and it does this weird of telling you that you are not logged in (when you actually are)
RayDeeps

Postby longhairfish on Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:54 pm

I will be checking to see where the IT guys are on this today.

The getting logged out is a bit annoying. But it shouldn't stop batch uploading of pictures.

Also, make sure the GIF pictures are not more than 12 megs. I did a test on Friday and I was ok.
longhairfish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement