Adding favorites not working? (Solved?)updated 2013-08-30

Postby admin on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

I have been doing some tests:

results:
Firefox added gallery to favorite folder 2013-07-26 without problems
Chrome added gallery to favorite folder 2013-07-26 without problems
IE added gallery to favorite folder 2013-07-26 without problems
Opera added gallery to favorite folder 2013-07-26 without problems

At least know we now it is not browser related. I also know that it has nothing to do with the amount of total favorites, I have checked some of the
users who have problems, and it goes from 19 favs to 5001 favs and they all have problems.

So I am asking all users who have problems adding galleries to their favorites, send me a screenshot of the failing process, because I absolutely can't reproduce the error.
Also include as much info as possible, browser, provider, popupblocker?, AND include the url of the gallery that you want to add to your favorites

send it to support@imagefap.com
admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding favorites not working? (Solved?)

Postby admin on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks to screenshots, and info sent by users I was able to reproduce the error.

IE7 adding favs not working?
IE8 adding favs not working
IE9 adding favs works
IE10 adding favs works

My advise: update your browser
admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding favorites not working? (Solved?)

Postby admin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:31 am

This is a reply from one of our users, who had problems adding favorites:

It works now. Here are a couple of things I did.

I uploaded several Windows 7 updates. I doubt that fixed the problem.
I noticed if I just refreshed the page, it worked, but not before, which was very odd. It seemed stupid to find a gallery and then hit refresh just so I could add the gallery to my favorites.

I believe the fix came by going to my internet tools and reloading my IE browser back to its default settings. I believe my current settings should have worked. But by going back to the default settings, my IE explorer was able to restart and overwrite/correct any potential corrupted browser file. Rather than a virus, I believe one of the Windows browser files may have been accidently corrupted by a Microsoft or Norton download or register cleaning action. By going back to the default setting, it was like cleaning off a table after dinner. You may want to add going back to default setting as a possible fix action for your other customers. It was simple and it worked!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding favorites not working? (Solved?)updated 2013-08-30

Postby admin on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:39 am

Another solution we got from a user:

I found the problem with not being able to save favorites : on the page with the gallery at the bottom it will say "done but with error on page" refresh the page and that message is gone .
And you can add gallery to favorites .
admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcement