Can't log into the chat

Have a question? Look here first

Moderator: admin

Can't log into the chat

Postby lutopistescato on Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:29 pm

Hello

I'm not sure the subject goes there, so if it's misplaced, please put it where it belongs.

Here goes : for several months now, I haven't been able to log into the chat from my profile page : when I click on the chat icon, the new window opens, the system then tries to establish the connection to server, tries to establish the connection to server, tries to establish the connection to server, tries to establ - you get the idea. But to no avail.

So, I'm wondering : is the chat completely down, or is something fucked up in my laptop ?
Am I the only one experiencing this issue ?

Cheers
lutopistescato

Re: Can't log into the chat

Postby XaverZyklon on Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:06 pm

I had the exact same problem today (signed up only yesterday).
Would be happy about a solution, too.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I use private tabs in Firefox?
XaverZyklon

Postby lutopistescato on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:30 pm

I don't know... I mean, I was using private tabs in Firefox before, and it always ran smoothly.
In the interest of science, I tried with Chrome : couldn't get in either
lutopistescato

Postby longhairfish on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:47 am

Hi,

The chat is currently up and running 100%.

There are a few things to know before entering the chat.

1. Make sure you don't have any type of ad blocking scripts, add-on or extensions enabled in your browser.

2. If you are using a proxy server or a VPN, this can be a problem. The chat expects you to be on an IP that will not change during your session. Proxy servers and some VPN services will have a setting for you to maintain a dynamic IP.

3. You can try to open a private or 'ingognito' window within your browser. This will disable all extensions and you should be able to join the chat.

4. Use the direct link to the chat. https://chat.imagefap.com/

5. If you just recently made an account, it can take a few hours for the chat server to sync up with the main imagefap site database.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby lutopistescato on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi

Thank you longhairfish.
I think it's the proxy/vpn thing because I blocked my adblock for the chat.... long ago, and no other item on your list gets me in the chat. Considering it's coming straight from my provider, tinkering it will be complicated. Unless you have a team of geniuses can write a code that allows the chat to accept/run under proxy-vpn circumstances, I think I'll have to get used to the idea of not going back in aymore. Pity, but hey, you win some you lose some.
lutopistescato

Return to Imagefap House of Knowledge