Uploading galleries

Have a question? Look here first

Moderator: admin

Uploading galleries

Postby DrkDglr on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:20 am

I have two questions about uploading galleries of pictures of myself that I've taken with the cameraon my phone.

1. Sometimes, the pics appear correctly on my phone, but rotate to be sideways when I upload them. What am I doing wrong?

2. When I upload a gallery the thumbnails for it are very small compared to the other galleries when browsing through the main gallery section. How do I make my thumbnails larger?

Thanks for any help!
DrkDglr

Re: Uploading galleries

Postby Michelleinmd on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:25 am

Having the same issue- just loaded a gallery via desktop thinking it was better and halfway through the pics rotated sideways. Looking for help! Do I need to delete and reload them all? I can’t seem to see a way to edit anything except order and delete (bedsides description)
Michelleinmd

Re: Uploading galleries

Postby longhairfish on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:53 am

Hi,

This happens once in a while. But not very often. We haven't been able to pin down the exact problem. Here is what we know. Users on a MAC will have this problem more than any other operating systems. Also when pictures are directly uploaded from a camera or a SD card the pictures will not be oriented correctly.

Also some software will automatically rotate the picture for you for easier viewing on the PC or phone. When you view the picture everything seems normal. But in fact the picture is not in landscape mode.

We would suggest that you definitely have moved the picture to your PC. Then make sure all adjustments, such as rotation, are correct. Save the picture and upload to us again.

Some, but not many, websites will try to rotate the picture(s) for you so they display in a suitable manner. We do not do that. We put the pictures on our site as we get them.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Imagefap House of Knowledge