Clubs -- Problems/Issues/Annoyances

Moderator: admin

Clubs -- Problems/Issues/Annoyances

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm starting this thread so the Admin and techs might get a better sense of how desperately the Clubs section of ImageFap needs attention.

If you have no gripes with Clubs, or don't bother with them, likewise don't bother posting to this thread. TIA.

I'll start off.

I'd like to know why it is that a gallery, when added to a Club's gallery list by a member of that Club, disappears from that list as soon as pictures are added to it. Common sense would say that the gallery owner would most want the gallery to be on the Club list once it was added to and no changes should affect whether or not it remained there. If anything, it's just when one adds pictures to a gallery that one would want more people to view it, not fewer. Since the Search engine will not, without substantial modification -- and likely some failures along the way -- recognize additions made to members galleries and treat them as if they were new, keeping a gallery in a Club's listing seems the most time-saving way to get the new pictures' views hits to increase. We certainly can't rely on the reordering scheme, and posting or adding to a thread in Gallery Garden can often be a pain in the neck, so I can't think of a reason not to fix this particular flaw in the Clubs.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff