people don't understand the user interface

Moderator: admin

people don't understand the user interface

Postby Scabaiathrax on Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:43 am

Every day I get tons of notifications about somebody "favoriting" the same gallery over and over again. Today 1 guy liked the same gallery 15 times. Yesterday another guy liked the same gallery 6 times and another guy 5 times. People don't rate or like single images, they always like the gallery multiple times.
You really need to make your user interface more idiot proof, because pretty much all your users seem to be idiots.
Scabaiathrax

Re: people don't understand the user interface

Postby Joli_Cul on Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:44 am

I don't have this problem, but I can confirm, the User Interface is not that easy to use.
I don't mean that people are stupid, and I don't have a precise example on top of my head, but sometime, you have to do un-intuitive things to do something.
And when you compare mobile and desktop site, it's even more strange (as a simple example, when clicking favorites on mobile, you get a simili gallery with all the favorite images of a user. If you do it on desktop, you have link to the original gallery each picture came from).

On the other hand, the site is old, maybe the code became complex and less easy to change with the time?
Joli_Cul

Postby longhairfish on Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:14 pm

The code is old as dirt. But generally it is fine.

All the guys who designed the site are long gone. To find someone who knows the code is quite the challenge.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby BuckDharma on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:31 pm

Scabaiathrax wrote:Every day I get tons of notifications about somebody "favoriting" the same gallery over and over again. Today 1 guy liked the same gallery 15 times. Yesterday another guy liked the same gallery 6 times and another guy 5 times. People don't rate or like single images, they always like the gallery multiple times.
You really need to make your user interface more idiot proof, because pretty much all your users seem to be idiots.

I've favorited galleries just once, and they show up in the gallery poster's notifications as my favoriting them multiple times, so AFAIK it's a site software glitch.
BuckDharma

Postby SensitiveGuy on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:30 pm

Hardly a problem is it?
SensitiveGuy

Postby cumback2018 on Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:46 pm

If a user adds three pics from one of your galleries to a list of his favorite pics, you'll receive three alerts with the same message "user has added your gallery to favorites". It may be annoying, but it's hardly a problem!
cumback2018

Return to Site Stuff