link errors

Moderator: admin

link errors

Postby thunderbutton on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 pm

I have been clicking on new links and getting the error that gallery does not exist.
On reload, the gallery properly loads.
anyone else? thx
thunderbutton

Re: link errors

Postby Rupert_Bumwangler on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:40 pm

This is happening to me constantly.
RBW.
Rupert_Bumwangler

Postby longhairfish on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 am

This is a known issue. We discussed it elsewhere on the forum. But since it's not always a constant issue, its a bugger to track down.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby purvvygurl on Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:19 pm

longhairfish wrote:This is a known issue. We discussed it elsewhere on the forum. But since it's not always a constant issue, its a bugger to track down.

It's definitely increasing in frequency. When I came to the IF home page this morning, it showed I was logged out. Reloading the page got me logged in. It's been hard to browse through any gallery today without getting the "Does not exist" message four or five times. Sometimes, it also has me logged out. As before, reloading gets the gallery/image and me logged back in.

If it helps any, I'm now getting this error when clicking on a Forum link in here, or even clicking the Submit button for this reply:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Cannot assign requested address [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

As before, reloading gets me into the forum.
purvvygurl

Postby longhairfish on Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:03 am

The forum. Yes, probably one of the oldest forums on the internet.

Knowing that, it has been updated as far as it can go. The forum has been hacked and attacked many times. So patches were applied over the last 14 years. Updates done (which broke things). And manual fixes we applies ourselves.

Errors are going to happen. No getting around it.

Solution. Have 2 forums. This one you are looking at now. Since there are thousands of posts here we can't simply get rid of it and start new. This forum could be put in 'read only' mode so you can reference any old stuff we have talked about.

Then add a new forum. Something that has been proven to be stable and where nobody can 'fuck around' with hacks and junk like that.

This is on the board of things to do. But not any time soon.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby RayDeeps on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:24 pm

I tell you what I'm getting - notifications that someone has commented on a picture, and when I click on the picture, there is no comment. How weird is that? Mostly, it appeared to be the picture before the one linked, but now they seem to have disappeared altogether. I'm not particularly concerned, but I thought you should know.
RayDeeps

Postby longhairfish on Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:42 am

Notifications on pictures. Its on the list of things to get fixed.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Return to Site Stuff