Another problem with the newly introduced limitations

Moderator: admin

Another problem with the newly introduced limitations

Postby Vog on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:27 am

I usually open 10 to 15 galleries with right click, then browse them once by one. Manually. Never mass download or use download managers.

But when I visit one of those galleries and open five images in a new window (not fifty, just five at once), the site now asks for a code to enter.

So far I'm all right with it, I know there are traffic problems, etc. Reasonable.

But when I enter the code, it doesn't take me to the image. It takes me to the homepage.
Vog

Re: Another problem with the newly introduced limitations

Postby longhairfish on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:21 am

I am going to check into this as soon as I can. I have to confirm and duplicate the problem first. Not that I don't believe you, it's just how we do it.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby SomeRandomGuy01 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:33 pm

Yes, something like that happened to me too.
I also open up multiple galleries in multiple tabs.
When I browse through galleries. I use the left/right keyboard keys to go to the next image.
(That is one of the best features on this site, in my opinion ...)
When "going through images" like that too quickly, while looking for images that I like ...

I am not mass-downloading any more because one of the admins made a post telling us to stop it and since it it their site and I am just a "visitor" here, I will obey their rules.
I only donwload "manually" (right click on the image, then "save image as" ...).

Yes, I know I could just add the gallery to "my favourites" or something like that, but I'd like to keep a large "stash" of images an videos for times when the internet is either slow or not available.

(Thanks by the way to all the admins for keeping this site up during these difficult times. I am sure not the only one who used it a lot this year ...)
SomeRandomGuy01

Postby Vog on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:19 am

Just noticed this, if it helps: If the code appears on a gallery page, it works normally, takes me to the gallery. But if it appears on an image page, it directs me to the homepage (and I cannot go back with the previous page button) So only the single image pages need work, I suppose.
Vog

Postby febo on Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:39 am

Hi.

I usually open images, from the gallery view, in a new tab using the mouse wheel button and browse through galleries using the right and left buttons in the keyboard. The fact is that I'm quite fast browsing, not only in this site but any site on the internet.

It seems in the last days the margin for opening new pages has narrowed a lot and I'm being redirected to the captcha every few minutes, and to make it worse, when it happens, the pages i have opened in background demand the captcha too. And many times, after writing the captcha, it takes me to the gallery index and not to my original destination (don't know why, some timeout maybe?)

I can see, that the limitation had good effects in the overall performance, and that only made things worse for me, because now pages open so fast that i continuously hit the limit :D :D .

I totally agree to the need to protect the page against abuse, I have not complained until now, and tried to adapt, but in the last few days navigation became pretty uncomfortable. It will probably not be a problem in a mobile device but with a PC it is.

Could you make the time between requests longer? This way, pauses in navigation could lower the calculated average... or consider something like "invisible recaptcha" maybe...
febo

Postby longhairfish on Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi Febo - and everyone else.

This morning we made some adjustments on the limiting of views. Basically we set the site three ways. How many views / hits you did in 1 minute, 5 minutes or 1 hour.

As of right now, the limit rate has been jacked up in everyones favor. The limit messages should be a lot less now.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby patman21 on Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:42 pm

I have found that you are usually able to open about 30 separate tabs with pictures or galleries of gif files without having to enter the captcha, but once you get to around 40 tabs, you will need to verify that you are a human being.

I have problems.
patman21

Postby longhairfish on Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:36 pm

patman21 wrote:I have found that you are usually able to open about 30 separate tabs with pictures or galleries of gif files without having to enter the captcha, but once you get to around 40 tabs, you will need to verify that you are a human being.

I have problems.

Here is something you can try. We do turn off and on the limiters (amount of connections) once in a while.

Now it depends on how you open the 30+ tabs. If you open from a list, then you should try a bulk URL opener add-on or extension. When you do that, put a delay for when each tab opens. I find that an 8 second delay of opening tabs either manually or with a bulk opener will usually keep you under the connections threshold.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby patman21 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:55 pm

I will have to try that out. My newest issue is that I have been getting the CAPTCHA on login pages, like the site logs me out and makes me prove i am a human. But now i am receiving a message that my password is incorrect, which is strange considering i am posting this from my account on the forums
patman21

Postby longhairfish on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:39 pm

OK - Working on that. This issue with bad password OR a confirmation code when you comment on a picture isn't always working right.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Stuff