How to search in Chat?

Moderator: admin

How to search in Chat?

Postby andyschest on Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:27 am

I don't understand how to search in Chat. Is there an expert available?
On the HOME page, there is a search icon - what does that search? All boards? When you click it, it says "search (^+K)" - any hints?

When you enter a board, there is the same search icon - when you click it it says "You can search using Regular Expression. e.g. /^text$/i" - can someone translate?
Just to finish - say I wanted to see whether a particular user had posted anything - can you show me how that would be done?
andyschest

Re: How to search in Chat?

Postby DutchBouncer on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:49 am

The search option is for searching in your own chat channels, if you want to search a user click the globe where you can search for channels, click the user tab and there you can search for users
DutchBouncer

Postby andyschest on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Unfortunately, you haven't helped me.

What does "Search (^+K)" actually mean? How do you search?????? What can you search for??????

EVERYTHING I TRY COMES UP WITH NO RESULTS.
andyschest

Postby longhairfish on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:22 pm

I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

When you are in any room or private chat, you see the search magnify glass on the top right.

It works perfectly and there is nothing else to do with keyboard shortcuts or anything like that.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby andyschest on Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 am

Longhairfish

As I said, I have tried repeatedly, and NEVER got a result.

If you click the search icon, and enter a username, will it show that users' posts?

For example - As I type this, there is a post in Milfs & Matures, by BAD235711 @ 1:56pm my time - 98 minutes ago. It includes the word DETROIT - why does the search pull up "no results found"?
Also, when I search for "bad235711" (being case sensitive), it also responds "no results found".

The next post is by asdf2000 26 minutes later, which includes the question "which of these church wives would you ..." - but search for the word "church" brings "no results found"

And PS, sorry if I made it sound like a big problem. It's not. I used too many exclamation points.
andyschest

Return to Site Stuff