Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Moderator: admin

Re: Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Postby arsby on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:26 pm

Piledriver's workaround works for me, too. Thanks!
arsby

Postby webrabri on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

HELLO, Despite all the informations, provided by various users, concerning the malfunctions of the statistics ... It is a TOTAL FIASCO to date ... What should we think of it ?
webrabri

Postby Satisfy_ur_wife on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Piledriver's tip works. Stats captured for a gallery I posted 2 days ago, then pulled, just to test his workaround. Thanks for the tip!!!
Satisfy_ur_wife

Postby arsby on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:43 pm

webrabri wrote:HELLO, Despite all the informations, provided by various users, concerning the malfunctions of the statistics ... It is a TOTAL FIASCO to date ... What should we think of it ?

It working for me and for others, if you use the workaround we're talking about. Why are you calling it a total fiasco? Can you explain what's wrong?
arsby

Postby webrabri on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:06 am

Hello,
to justify my remarks, I would simply like to remind Arsby that 2 years ago the statistics had already known a dysfunction which had caused the loss of a certain number of views.
 Remember that everything worked perfectly until October 2019 ...
Namely by gallery and / or by view: the functions: this day, yesterday, last 7 days, this month and between dates were clearly operational.
From October the new galleries were not taken into account in the statistics, which was duly reported. We had to wait until February 7 for a person, whom I dare not call a handyman, to be assigned to repair the process. which continued to function normally with the exception of the new bi-library. So since February 7 we have seen a display of new libraries or, but a dates blockage on February 21, a double display of libraries, disappearance of views and gradually a daily degradation of the process until total disappearance display data ...
Exception reported which reflects the nature of the malfunction when we assign 2 dates, one of which is before February 21 ....
All this cannot therefore be considered as satisfactory and I think that a majority of users will be able to agree with me according to the importance which they attach to these statistics which I consider to be only simple accounts. ..
will we finally be able to benefit from a serious upgrade without loss of this data ...
thank you for the attention that everyone will pay to this letter ...
Thanks
webrabri

Postby arsby on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:45 am

webrabri wrote:to justify my remarks, I would simply like to remind Arsby that 2 years ago the statistics had already known a dysfunction which had caused the loss of a certain number of views....

The admin has already apologized and told us that we'll probably never get back the data before 2/21. Stuff happens.
Personally, I'm thrilled that I can get some real statistics from February going forward.
All I really care about is the relative popularity of my folders. I can get that now. It would be nice to know how popular my folders were 6 months ago, but really, it's not that important.

A real fiasco would be if we could no longer upload, or if we couldn't access pictures from 6 months ago. The basic functions of the site are working well, and face it, statistics are nice but are not critical to the site.

Kudos to the admin for finding the time to fix this non-critical function as well as they did.
arsby

Postby webrabri on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:37 pm

hello,
Today 2 months ago, a person had to devote himself to updating the 'statistics', on this date we saw the accounts deteriorate to arrive at the current situation and for 5 weeks nothing has changed, no a single intervention by the administrator to inform us of the progress of the repair. Because if none is satisfied with the current state of dysfunction, I do not think it is the same for everyone, and personally I would like to find the functionality at the level of what they were in the month of 'October 2019 .... When will we be informed of the directors' intentions on this subject ? salutations...
webrabri

Postby arsby on Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:31 pm

webrabri wrote:hello,
Today 2 months ago, a person had to devote himself to updating the 'statistics', on this date we saw the accounts deteriorate to arrive at the current situation and for 5 weeks nothing has changed, no a single intervention by the administrator to inform us of the progress of the repair. Because if none is satisfied with the current state of dysfunction, I do not think it is the same for everyone, and personally I would like to find the functionality at the level of what they were in the month of 'October 2019 .... When will we be informed of the directors' intentions on this subject ? salutations...

Very unfair to say "no single intervention by the administrator"! The administrator fixed it so that you can get your statistics.
Do this on the statistics page.
Make sure statistics are on.
Use date range 2020-02-21 to today. Start date *must* be 2020-02-21 or earlier.
Click by gallery, and run it.
Move the data into Excel or a text file, and remove all of the galleries before #8615266 (2/24/2020).
There ya go. Good data for the last month. Much better than what it had been. Useful for me, now I know which of my galleries are the most popular, and which aren't.
So you can't say the admins did nothing. They done good.

Stop asking for the data to be like Oct 2019. You're cursing the sky because it's gray. Ain't gonna happen. Be happy with what you've got.

Be safe.
arsby

Postby arsby on Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Longhairfish, a little request about statistics.

Everything is fine except for the requirement that we put 2020/02/21 or earlier as the stat start date. It's okay for now, but when you get the time could you revisit this so we can get just a month of statistics? A year from now we'll be pulling a year of statistics each time.

Be safe, we need you.
arsby

Postby longhairfish on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:05 am

Hi guys,

You can read this line and stop because the rest might bore you. The stats 'are what they are' and there is no future work planned on the stats.

The last two times I had a guy work on the stats, he had no idea how to get them fixed. He was a new guy who just started working. The other guy (who created the site) and his partner are long gone and can't be found.

The stats were fixed 'good enough' for the most part. And other users in this forum have reported what does and does not work.

The best answers have been given in the forum. I don't know what else to tell you guys who insist on making a big issue of this. Really. Come on. Its only stats.

Now, had this been a paid website I would gladly have someone working on it right away. Or I would refund you some money. No, I am not being a dick about this. The stats (working or not for some users) is just that. It is not ruining the browsing experience for the 5 million web hits we get every day.

So we will put this to rest. I am going to lock the topic. It has run its course.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Site Stuff