Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Moderator: admin

Re: Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Postby Areantha10 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:51 am

arsby wrote:Okay, I just checked again. I can definitely live with this, and it appears that it will get better and better.

I want to find the relative popularity of my folders, and it looks like all of the folders on or after 24 Feb have the correct data. That would be all galleries with a gallery ID at or over 8615266 (that's the first of my galleries for that date). When I do the analyses I used to do before October, I've got good face validity if I analyze under that constraint.

Anyhow, please extend my thanks to your developers.

I'm not getting any of this. The Statistics tab in the Control Panel page remains blank for any range of dates, from 22nd Feb onwards. Whether I Report by Day or by Gallery there is no visible data.
Areantha10

Postby arsby on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Areantha10 wrote:I'm not getting any of this. The Statistics tab in the Control Panel page remains blank for any range of dates, from 22nd Feb onwards. Whether I Report by Day or by Gallery there is no visible data.

That's weird. According to my "analysis", you should at least be getting real stats for your most recent gallery that you posted on 26 Feb.
1) I can't see your actual views when I visit that most recent gallery. Can you take a look and tell me the total number of views when you add them together for all 20 images. (An estimate is good.)
2) When you click into statistics, is the Statistics button On? (Probably, but gotta ask. If not, I believe it will start gathering stats when you change it to on.)
3) If the Statistics button was On, just poke the Gallery button on and run the statistics, without changing dates. Do you get any results?
arsby

Postby webrabri on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:30 am

I fully agree with the words of Aerantha10, nothing is displayed and the accounts are blocked on the date of 21-02 .... Also I wonder about saying by arsby...
webrabri

Postby DonkRD on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Yes, nothing after 2/21 here.
DonkRD

Postby arsby on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:32 pm

That's crazy. It continues to work for me as I described it.
If it doesn't work for you:
1) Are you sure that you have turned on statistics, and it has been on for awhile?
2) Are you looking at galleries that have been uploaded 24 February and after?
arsby

Postby Areantha10 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:26 pm

arsby wrote:
Areantha10 wrote:I'm not getting any of this. The Statistics tab in the Control Panel page remains blank for any range of dates, from 22nd Feb onwards. Whether I Report by Day or by Gallery there is no visible data.

That's weird. According to my "analysis", you should at least be getting real stats for your most recent gallery that you posted on 26 Feb.
1) I can't see your actual views when I visit that most recent gallery. Can you take a look and tell me the total number of views when you add them together for all 20 images. (An estimate is good.)
2) When you click into statistics, is the Statistics button On? (Probably, but gotta ask. If not, I believe it will start gathering stats when you change it to on.)
3) If the Statistics button was On, just poke the Gallery button on and run the statistics, without changing dates. Do you get any results?

Hi -

1) Adding all the hits for each file in the Fun With Tits 2 Gallery gives 2,442 total views, which equates to 814 views in reality.
2) I definitely have Stats turned on.
3) Running a Gallery Report using today's default date range (4th Feb - 4th March) does provide data for all Galleries, including Fun With Tits 2 - though it quotes 1801 views for that Gallery, not 814.
3a) I uploaded a new Gallery just now and ran a fresh Gallery Report with the default Date Range. The new Gallery shows up, but the figures differ (39 in the Gallery, 43 in the Report).

Also strange -
a) All Galleries uploaded before this all started last October show up twice. This has been the case since last week's 'fix'. Is this not affecting your profile?
b) If I change the End Date of the Gallery Report to 23rd Feb, all data disappears.
c) If I change the Start Date of the Gallery Report to 23rd Feb, all data disappears.

It does appear that not everyone is experiencing the Statistics problem in the same way - this should be useful for the developers to know.
Areantha10

Postby longhairfish on Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:45 pm

I am noting all the things you guys say. But there might be a teensy weensy problem. All the processing the site is doing is causing a bit of a strain on the site. We are working on the problem. The good news is we can actually see what is going on. But as usual, if you fix one thing it might mess up something else. Baby steps on this fix.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby icarus5567 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:43 am

I noticed the day count was not adding days for the last month. One day would vanish as we rolled over to the next. The gallery count was working. Now that the last day count, 21 Feb, rolled off, there are no longer statistics for galleries or days any longer. Not sure of picture count, whether they are increasing or not yet.

Hopefully all will be normal soon.
icarus5567

Postby Piledriver88 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:07 am

If you force it to include Feb 21 in the "from" selection, you can still get a gallery count from that day forward. Obviously something is still quite wrong.
Piledriver88

Postby icarus5567 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Thanks for the tip. The work around works.
icarus5567

PreviousNext

Return to Site Stuff