Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Moderator: admin

Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Postby milf_slut_p on Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi, just posted a new gallery and statistics do not show it even though images have been viewed.
milf_slut_p

Re: Imageview statistics not working for new galleries?

Postby Areantha10 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:33 am

Hi yes, same happening to me. Put up two galleries since the shutdown last Monday - no viewing stats for either of them and just like yours they are getting views. I don't know about you but right now I'm reluctant to post any more galleries.

I logged a message to Longhairfish a day o so ago - not heard back yet.
Areantha10

Postby Sliver-Elflord on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:40 am

Me too. Ever since the server / loading issue earlier this week, I haven't been getting Stats. I originally thought it was just because I posted a gallery at the same time they were cleaning up the loader mess. But I posted another gallery yesterday and STILL not getting stats.
Sliver-Elflord

Postby Areantha10 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:36 am

Heard back from Longhairfish - he could not replicate the problem, working fine at his end. He's left a ticket for the web design team which will be picked up Monday.
Areantha10

Postby longhairfish on Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:46 am

While I wait for some resolution on this, can you guys tell me which way you see stats failures?

1. You view your gallery and it seems the individual stats for each picture are not adding up?

2. You have gone to your own stats page and you see not much happening?

3. Both of the above.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby milf_slut_p on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:32 am

longhairfish wrote:While I wait for some resolution on this, can you guys tell me which way you see stats failures?

1. You view your gallery and it seems the individual stats for each picture are not adding up?

3. Both of the above.

Both, but 1. has been an issue for a long time now where the view count does not work for some pics. Now the new galleries do not show up in the list of viewed galleries at all on the Statistics page.
milf_slut_p

Postby Areantha10 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:48 am

(2) I've added three galleries since the upload glitch a week ago was resolved. My most recent gallery as of now has had 1028 views in total since upload (allowing for the 'divide by three' rule), but this gallery is absent altogether from the list when I Report Stats by Gallery, as are the other two galleries. Also if I Report by Day, the imageviews for these three galleries are not included in the total.

To answer option (1) if I view one of the new galleries I am seeing views for each pic stacking up in the usual way as time passes - they are just not showing up on the Statistics Reports. They seem to be viewable as normal by other members - I can see these galleries if I explore the site without signing in, and if a gallery has been Added as Favourite, I can see it in the other member's profile page.

I can also confirm that galleries added before the upload glitch appear unaffected.
Areantha10

Postby Sliver-Elflord on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:50 pm

longhairfish wrote:While I wait for some resolution on this, can you guys tell me which way you see stats failures?

3. Both of the above.

My error is #2. The new galleries do not show up at all on the Stats page.

The individual stats on the gallery and individual pic page show up normally.
Sliver-Elflord

Postby PennyPiggot on Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:30 am

I have this. Pictures staying at 0 views even though they have been viewed a number of times.

Statistics were turned off though, so the other options no applicable.

Also the galleries don't seem to be indexed by tags or category i.e. they don't appear in the search results when looking for the tag.
PennyPiggot

Postby longhairfish on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:16 pm

No news on this just yet. But I expect some soon.

This happened about a year or so ago. And it was fixed. Hopefully someone left some notes back then as to what was wrong. Anyway, there is some progress.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Next

Return to Site Stuff