Photo Downloads now assign a new, random filename

Moderator: admin

Re: Photo Downloads now assign a new, random filename

Postby trampboy on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:27 pm

longhairfish wrote:Mobile device is detected by the site. So, cell phone, playstation, xbox, smart TVs or some tablets will get directed to the mobile site.

But some people dont like that. Most of the above devices will let you view the site in PC mode.

You have to mess around with the setting of the browser. Almost all browsers give you the option to view as desktop mode.

Hello longhairfish and thank you very much for this information. My goal was to download galleries to my PC with the original filenames intact. After
getting direction from you, and after several fits and starts, I have a workable solution. Here's how I did it using Firefox:

1) Tools -> Web Developer -> Responsive Design Mode
2) From the dropdown menu select the device to emulate (for example iPhone 6/7/8)
3) Log into the beta version of the site and navigate to the gallery to download (for example, go to https://beta.imagefap.com/pictures/9999999/Sally
4) Select "Download gallery" and the zip archive is downloaded to your hard drive

Thank you again and I hope this helps others trying to do the same thing.
trampboy

Postby longhairfish on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:32 am

Yep, we have that for the mobile devices. Thing is not all devices will easily let you download a gallery. It used to be easy.

For the desktop we don't allow it because some people insisted on downloading boat loads of galleries every day. When we found someone doing that we simply banned their IP or closed their account. People on cell hones aren't as likely to download a lot of galleries to their phones. Well, in most cases anyway.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Postby trampboy on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:33 pm

longhairfish wrote:For the desktop we don't allow it because some people insisted on downloading boat loads of galleries every day. When we found someone doing that we simply banned their IP or closed their account. People on cell hones aren't as likely to download a lot of galleries to their phones. Well, in most cases anyway.

Thank you again longhairfish. BTW, what is considered an excessive downloading per day? 1Mb? 1Gb? 1TB? Thank you.
trampboy

Previous

Return to Site Stuff