Captcha Problem

Moderator: admin

Captcha Problem

Postby SCUM_Advocate on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Yeah, I can't get it to work. It's always losing contact, or it keeps saying it's incorrect. I noticed someone else mention about clearing browser history and whatnot. Didn't work.
SCUM_Advocate

Re: Captcha Problem

Postby longhairfish on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm

The captcha problem is for only a very small amount of users. I would guess less that 1 percent.

The captcha is all run by Google. There isn't much of anything we can do to fix it. The only option we have is to use the "two words" that you would need to type in. That would be quite a step back and annoy so many people who like to just click the I Am Not A Robot box.

I found a guy who did a write up on the captcha issue and some possible solutions. It's a bit of a long read. But if you are determined and have some technical experience you might find his page useful.

https://www.webnots.com/fix-im-not-a-robot-captcha-issue-in-google-search/

If you are on a proxy or a VPN, then you might have issues. Of course you use our site with a proxy or VPN for your personal reasons. So using your normal IP might not be an option for you. Bottom line is - if none of those suggestions on the above page work - you might be out of luck.

Anyone can post solutions here if they like. Again, there is no 'cure all' solution that I am aware of.
longhairfish
Site Admin

Re: Captcha Problem

Postby Levrette on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:16 pm

I am finding that nearly every timer I try to send a message and go through the Captcha rigmarole, I always get an error message: "The code you entered did not match the image. Please try again"
Very frequently, this is a spurious warning, as the message is actually sent, so I find I am annoying people by sending the same message 2 or 3 times! To avoid this, I have to keep open the "Sent" message folder and check in that, whenever I get the aforementioned error message, which I often find is wrong. I have also received duplicate messages from others, probably for the same reason! Can this be fixed? This was not happening, a year ago.. Thanks.
Levrette

Return to Site Stuff