Servers failing again?

Moderator: admin

Servers failing again?

Postby purvvygurl on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm experiencing thumbnails and galleries not displaying this morning. Do we have some servers failing?
purvvygurl

Re: Servers failing again?

Postby Silversleeves on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:35 pm

purvvygurl wrote:I'm experiencing thumbnails and galleries not displaying this morning. Do we have some servers failing?

Could be.

Yesterday and the day before that, I had it happen that thumbs were appearing fine at first on my Profile page, and then a few random ones would break suddenly.

I have a theory that it has something to do with the Uploader's name-assignment routines and/or thumbnail creator running full-tilt and causing a few skips in cases where thumbnails and "ImageFap names" for pictures already exist, because one minute to the next, you'll see it change.

Try re-loading the page of thumbs you're looking at to see if it makes a difference.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 am

If people read the announcements rather than masturbating all the fucking time you would know that ImageFap doesn't allow Galleries with large image sizes....!
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Silversleeves on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 am

ASTAROTH 5 wrote:If people read the announcements rather than masturbating all the fucking time you would know that ImageFap doesn't allow Galleries with large image sizes....!
The Powers-that-be might not, but nobody told the Uploader. I've been able to get 2- and 3-megabyte images up on occasion, and nearly as often they re-save at over a meg, too. BZT
Silversleeves

Postby Diane B on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Unable to get into the chat room, is that down?
Diane B

Postby Silversleeves on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Chat's down. There's a thread on it in Help & Support, but mostly it's complaints and people wondering how soon it will be fixed.

Has anyone else noticed that, although the new "Chat" thread was only started yesterday, it already has 3 pages of posts, while the posts dated yesterday and today on the "Can't Log In" thread (also in H&S) take up six and a half pages, approximately? I remember starting this thread back in May -- the last reply in it was June 2nd (haven't read it) -- and I think I can answer the question in the Subject line with "They're all over in Chat." (Too bad for them that it's down, imo)

BZT
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff