Russian Spammers

Moderator: admin

Russian Spammers

Postby jokerdoe on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 pm

there are a lot of russian spammers active on imagefab, is it possible to do something against it , it's not that difficult they only posting 1 image in a gallery, i find them very annoying
jokerdoe

Re: Russian Spammers

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 am

There are already threads regarding this very topic please place your conceern in one of the existing threads it's very annoying to start a whol new topic when one already exist also please read the following thread.......

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5218

And if you have a spammer please report him instead of ranting about it when there are thousands of threads with this problem in existance........
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Silversleeves on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Not to mention, if longhairfish is correct, the Block User feature is "working" (whatever that means).

So it takes a few more steps to block a Russian spammer than just to delete a site-mail message from one or two -- or a dozen. IMO it's the perfect way to test B.U. and see if it does what I think it was supposed to do: block others from accessing anything you can modify, remove or change in the "My fap" control panel.

Or it would, if spammers/harvesters, particularly those of a Russian persuasion, didn't fall like dandruff from the village drunk's head and hit-n-run better than a Cosa Nostra chauffeur.

It's an idea though. ;)

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 pm

It is working I've already blocked people and it works fine........
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Silversleeves on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 am

ASTAROTH 5 wrote:It is working I've already blocked people and it works fine........

Many thanks for the affirmation. It's likely that when this uploader/gallery order is fixed, and the Great Underwashed can see my latest-added pics again, recycled after half an hour to the Big List, I'll be able to try it on any and all who don't bother to read my About Me: blurb. Until then I'll just have to "pick hare-wheat," if you know what I mean. BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Return to Site Stuff