Post your suggestions on combatting spammers

Moderator: admin

Post your suggestions on combatting spammers

Postby hardharry79 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm

I have some solutions in regards to the spammers- (please pass this along to the website owner/admins)

Have you thought about restricting new users to one gallery submission per day? You could even award users points for submitting galleries. The more points you have, the higher your level- the higher your level, the more galleries you can submit. For users that have been with imagefap for a long time you can set them at level 5 or something. I don't remember whether signing up requires you to pass a captcha, but that's something to consider as well. And a captcha for submitting a gallery. Captchas make it harder for spambots or scripts to auto-execute the creation of accounts and submissions of galleries.

One other limitation you could consider for new users- the descriptive text at the top. They typically put in "click here, uateens.net" or whatever. If you remove the ability for new users to use descriptive text or links, it should help a bit. This could outright make spammers stop using Imagefap since they wouldn't be able to direct users to their spam links.

As for everyone else, why not remove the spam galleries entirely, so that they don't clutter imagefap? It sucks having to scroll through one whole page of spam to click onto the next page. Or, if hiding the removed galleries isn't viable, why not give users a button to hide removed galleries?
hardharry79

Re: Post your suggestions on combatting spammers

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:02 am

First off that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and also if we start a point system people will not be interested in the site as much anymore. Also as members of this site all members including new ones have the right to post as much as they want......and please be advised that not all new users are scammers and spammers and also i find it offending that suddenly assume that new users are spammers without backing it up with evidence

and also may I metion that preschools have point systems, earn two dino stickers and earn a cookie. this is an adult website and if you cannot handle that please close your account and move on if not please act like an adult and grow up and deal with it. As a computer security tecnician I'm well aware of spamming and it's effects however there are ways to deal with it....it's called reporting

sincerely: ASTAROTH 5
Questions are not stupid just the people who ask them are.....LOL.....!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 am

Also I just noticed that you have like 2 post so why are you even talking about this when you're just starting to post......!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Irregular.Fox on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:59 am

ASTAROTH 5 wrote:Also I just noticed that you have like 2 post so why are you even talking about this when you're just starting to post......!

Geez, how about being a little nicer to the new guys. Total overreaction. Just like new people are entitled to post as many galleries as they like, they're also entitled to start threads without having self-righteous garbage shoved down their throats.

At least he's trying to come up with solutions, and not just starting new threads bitching about the problems.

A captcha when loading a gallery is a good idea, but I fear that the majority of spammed galleries aren't created by bots.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 am

Than maybe he should not have said anything. And than we would not be having this problem..........!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:06 am

Compalaints aren't stupid only the people who complain are........!
ASTAROTH 5

Postby Irregular.Fox on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 am

ASTAROTH 5 wrote:Compalaints aren't stupid only the people who complain are........!

"Also I just noticed that you have like 2 post so why are you even talking about this when you're just starting to post......!" - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"Also I don't mean to impose......but why the hell are we even talking about this. Like I said we should be dealing with underage and forbidden content instead of wasting time on accounts that purposely delete their images over a temper-tantrum. to be honest this is the stupidest reason I've ever heard of for deleting something......my mommy ditched me so i'm gonna throw a tantrum on cyberspace and randomly delete images......LOL" - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"You know whatr i think is annoying when you organize a clean up date and no one joins the fight against underage content thanks guy for you pledge and cause of this I'm making a pledge to not report anything for the next month feel free to challenge it....!" - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"This site is an epic failure when it comes to to taking down pedophiles no one signed up for the clean up date i make an effort and no one cares thanks people............! because of this I make a new pledge NOT to report anything for the next month good going people." - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"The reason why i wanted to post in caps is because I'M YELLING...! i'm sick of that stupid question everyone knows the simpsons are underage but continue to ask that one stupid question that theyalreday know the answer to" - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"I've always hated fakes they give you no satisfaction and they look fake...LOL" - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

"CAN ANY MODERATOR EXPLAIN WHY MY NAZI CHICK WAS DELETED FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ME KNOWING.....AND YES SHE IS OVER EIGHTEEN SO DON'T START THAT DEBATE CAUSE I CREATED HER NO OFFENSIVE STUFFWAS IN THE PHOTO EITHER...... " - Astaroth 5 (complaint and RAGE!)

"What's the most anoying thing on ImageFap....DING (my pizza pockets are done)....Anyways as I was saying when you search something in the search column it comes up with something else like when I searched bdsm art in came up with erotic art photographs and not drawings and second when your in the middle of jacking off and then BAM Live jasmin pops on the screen annoying." - Astaroth 5 (complaint)

I don't mean to single you out for special attention Astaroth, but you have this fantastic habit of shooting yourself in the foot, reloading, and then shooting yourself in the foot again. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

You need to chill bro.
Irregular.Fox
Site Admin

Postby ASTAROTH 5 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 am

I gotta I admit you got me there, how about we put this behind us shall we........
ASTAROTH 5

Return to Site Stuff