"The all new, multi-purpose REORDERING IMAGES thread."

Moderator: admin

Re: "The all new, multi-purpose REORDERING IMAGES thread."

Postby Silversleeves on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Cowboymeisje wrote:when will the image reorder be working again? thanks.

It's been better since they fixed and renovated a lot of things last month. It has never worked better since. At least not for me.

Like the Block button (which seems to be pretty useless for most folks -- see this post), it's JavaScript-driven. Where before the last "big fix" some browsers of the Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Firefox class were having trouble with it, now it seems to work in just about every browser with a recent version available somewhere. If it happens that it's not working for you, you may want to check how "fully-on" your browser's JavaScript is here on the Fap, or try another browser.

When I first started this thread, I was loath to do anything with Opera, and had my bones to pick with Chrome/Chromium, too. It might be worth while to go on the assumption that those are still better than the FF/SM/Flock types and see if there's any difference when you go to reorder.

Cookies don't seem to have as much to do with how well reordering works since the fix; it might be worth a shot clearing them, logging back in and surfing straight to the gallery/s you want to rearrange, just to see what the difference might be.

Then again, it may just be a simple matter of forgetting to click the "I'm finished reordering" link before you're done. Sometimes it's the little things we forget that stump us. As true on the Web as it is in life.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.

BZT
"He has all of Nelson's qualities, except one. He has not learned to disobey."
- Admiral Sir J.A. Fisher, RN, 1914, referring to Admiral Jellicoe
Silversleeves

Previous

Return to Site Stuff